Product Development Assistant
To assist the product development team in all aspects of pre production product life cycle. Primary responsibilities including assisting product development team communicating and managing sample needs with overseas partners. Vendor communication through development process to make sure all key development stages are met and record keeping.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (Note: other duties may be assigned)
· Manage Sampling programs - Request samples from both local and overseas sample makers and keep track of progress. Manage all incoming and outgoing samples to keep accurate inventory.
· Communication with overseas partners to ensure all key development stages are met such as, costing received, product testing, lab dips, Strike off requests
· Creation of Line Sheets and additional sales materials needed
· Responsible for BOM data entry upon receipt of samples.
· Responsible for updating technical sketches and BOM for any design change
· Collaborate with Blue Avocado Marketing team to ensure accurate timing of product packaging needs
· Assign and manage product style numbers
· Assign and manage of UPC Codes
· Responsible for assisting the Import department with new vendor set up forms
· Assist product team in creation of print patterns for fabrics.
Education and or Experience
· Bachelors’s degree in Retail buying, Design, or related field preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities,
· Strong organizational and presentation skills
· Ability to communicate ideas accurately
· Familiarity with design characteristics and knowledge of Pantone Systems
· A good eye for color, detail and functionality of product.
· Strong computers skills, MS Excel, Word and Adobe Illustrator proficiency required
· Proactive, adaptable, with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
· in a fast paced environment
· *Strong team player
· Strong annual compensation + bonus on revenue and profit attainment
· Significant equity stake in early-stage business
· Health benefits package powered by Insperity
· Forge partnerships with leading retailers in green space + beyond
· Build a functional team
· Work on innovative sales and marketing initiatives with celebrity designers to draw attention to brand, cause
· Work in family friendly environment and setting with flexible office hours
· Do good. Get it done.
· Have fun.
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded by three women in Austin, Texas, BlueAvocado is a sustainable lifestyle products company that inspires through design, invites change through purpose, and delivers results through product use. BlueAvocado currently offers a range of shopping, lunch and food storage items that reduce everyday waste by replacing disposable items with durable options, and reclaims waste, like used plastic bottles, to make beautiful products. BlueAvocado recently launched a new line of eco accessories with celebrity author and designer, Lauren Conrad. The XO(eco)™ line of sustainable lifestyle products, is the first celebrity portfolio designed entirely to reduce waste and conserve natural resources. Conrad’s XO(eco) product portfolio includes nearly 20 food-on-the-go, travel and cosmetic storage accessories. In partnership with BlueAvocado, Lauren Conrad designed each product and print to echo her style and needs, while addressing the values of a younger generation seeking more environmentally-friendly options.
To date, BlueAvocado products have eliminated more than 128 million disposables, upcycled 3 million plastic bottles through UNFI’s Repreve® certified, recycled polyester fabric, and inspired over 400 micro-entrepreneurs around the globe. BlueAvocado is available at 3500 stores nationwide, including The Container Store, Whole Foods Market, Bed Bath and Beyond, drugstore.com and Amazon.com. green business is making it easy to keep garbage out of the oceans, preserve natural resources, and empower women entrepreneurs to realize their potential. Learn more: http://www.blueavocado.com